The applicant will go through the following steps at Regional Passport Offices in Pakistan and Pakistan Missions abroad for obtaining the Machine Readable Passport (MRP):
NOTE: Before arrival at the Regional Passport Office (RPO), the Original Bank Challan receipt must be acquired or e-Payment Confirmation Detail (SMS/Email along with PSID No.) by depositing the Prescribed Passport Fee.
- Arrival of the Applicant at Customer Service Counter.
- Fee Verification + Capturing of Photograph + Token Issuance
- Biometrics/Finger Prints capture.
- Data Entry.
- Verification as per Office Record. (ECL/BL)
- Interview and Decision by Assistant Director.
- Passport Delivery (Collection of Passport)
NOTE: The Regional Passport Offices in Pakistan where the One Window facilitation desk has been launched, Step-2 to Step-5 as elaborated above, have to be processed at one desk.
Step 1 – Arrival of Applicant at Customer Service Counter
- The applicant will approach the customer service counter at Regional Passport Office.
- The applicant will be guided about the process flow of the System for applying for the passport.
- After having the requisite documents, the applicant will be guided to the Token Counter.
Step 2 – Fee Verification + Capturing of Photograph + Token Issuance
- The applicant will produce the original CNIC/Smart-Card/NICOP or Children Registration Certificate (CRC)/B-Form, in case of below 18 years of age, along with its copies and Bank Challan Form or e-Payment Confirmation Detail (SMS/Email along with PSID No.).
- Upon verification of fee payment, the Official will proceed with capturing of applicant’s data i.e. photograph, CNIC Number, amount of fee, application type etc.
- Token will be issued to the applicant.
- The applicant should check his details on token i.e. Application type, Priority type, CNIC/CRC number and amount of fee deposited.
- In case of any discrepancy, he should immediately report to an official at the token counter, otherwise, the applicant has to go through twice to all the subsequent stages.
Step 3 – Biometric Data Capture (Finger Prints)
- The applicant after obtaining token will approach the Biometric Counter as soon as his token number appears at Biometric Capturing Counter.
- The official at the Counter will capture his right thumb, right index finger, Left Thumb and Left index finger impressions.
Step 4 – Data Entry
NOTE: Provide your valid mobile no. / email id at Data Entry Stage, during passport applying process, to receive your passport status via SMS / email from 9988 / Email Rabta Service.
- The applicant will move to the Data Entry Counters as soon as his token number appears on the Counter.
- The official will enter all the required data of the applicant while the data entry screen will also be visible to the Applicant.
- In case of any modification in data, the Applicant should guide the official accordingly. After the data entry is completed Data Entry Form will be printed by the operator and will be presented to the Applicant for rechecking/verification.
- The applicant will verify all its contents by signing the form.
- The form will be delivered to the applicant for further processing.
NOTE: ANY CHANGE IN THE DATA SHOULD BE POINTED OUT AT THIS STAGE. ONCE THE INFORMATION HAS BEEN SAVED, FOR ANY MODIFICATION THE TOKEN WILL HAVE TO BE CANCELLED AND THE APPLICANT WILL HAVE TO GO THROUGH THE WHOLE PROCESS AGAIN. AFTER ALLOWING “GO AHEAD” THE DATA BY THE ASSISTANT DIRECTOR, NO CHANGE IN THE DATA WILL BE POSSIBLE.
Step 5 – Verification as per Office Record (ECL/BL)
- The applicant will approach the ECL/BL Desk having Form.
- The verification against Exit Control List (ECL) and Black List (BL) will be carried out and official on the desk will affix clearance stamp on the data form after checking the record.
- The persons borne on ECL or BL, their passport process would be stopped here until its removal from such lists, as per rules/SOP.
Step 6 – Interview & Decision by Assistant Director
- Finally, the applicant will appear before Assistant Director / Officer In-charge when his token number appears on the decision counter, along with all the relevant documents and Data Form.
- The Assistant Director/ Officer In-charge will interview the applicant and satisfy himself with respect to the National Status/credibility of the applicant. Upon his satisfaction, he will allow, “Go ahead” the case, otherwise he can ask for additional documents. If required he will refer the case to Security Agency for determination of National Status of the applicant as citizen of Pakistan.
- The Assistant Director will defer the case of Applicant below 18 years of age and will hand over the printed form to the applicant for attestation of his data form, from a Government Gazetted officer.
- The attester will have to write his/her CNIC No./ Contact No. besides affixing by-name official stamp on the form.
- On production of data form (duly attested) the deferred token of minor will be allowed go-ahead.
- After allowing go-ahead by Assistant Director, the applicant may leave the Passport Office, as the process is complete, by taking token generated at Step 2.
- In case the matter is deferred due to some additional documents or case referred to the Security Agency for determination of National Status by the Assistant Director/ Officer In-charge, the applicant may also leave the office, as the remaining process will be completed upon receipt of documents/clearance report from Security Agency. The applicant would be informed upon receipt of clearance report telephonically.
Passport Delivery (Collection of Passport)
After successful completion of above stages:-
- The applicant will visit the Passport Delivery counter along with Original Token, on the given date for passport collection.
- The passport will only be delivered to the applicant himself/herself or his/her blood relative. Passport can also be delivered on authority letter given by the applicant to another along with original token. However, the passport of children will not be delivered on authority letter.
- The applicant will also be intimated about the status of their passport via SMS service 9988 inside Pakistan, while the Email Rabta service will inform about the status of the passport to overseas Pakistanis, if they have given their correct Mobile No. / Email ID at the data entry stage.
NOTE: Passports dispatched from the Production facility for delivery to the applicants within prescribed processing period, can be tracked through SMS Service / Helpline but to reach their destination i.e. respective Regional Passport Office (RPO) or Foreign Mission (FM) they may take some shipment time.
RPO process flow chart