Official passports are issued to Pakistani Nationals who are Senators, MNAs, Provincial Ministers, Judges of the Supreme Court of Pakistan/High Courts, Officers serving with the Government and proceeding abroad on official assignments etc. in pursuance of Schedule-III of Passport Rules 2021.
SOP for Official Passport
- As per SOP the designated Officer of the concerned Ministry/Division/Dept. will forward the recommendatory letter, through their representative, for issuance of official passport to official/officer, mentioning the purpose of visit abroad, duration and the countries to be visited, supported with the following documents:
- CNIC and official Pass/Card of the applicant and the authorized officer.
- Attested copy of the final selection letter of course/training/posting/deputation/secondment.
- Any Last passport held by the applicant.
- The Directorate General of Immigration & Passports will convey authorization to concerned RPO/Foreign Mission according to the location of the applicant, under intimation to the recommending authority.
- The applicant will visit the relevant Passport Office/Foreign Mission for capturing of data and photograph along with authorization letter, issued by Directorate General and CNIC, last passport (if issued) in original and its copies. The Official Passports are delivered after four working days.