- VISA GENERAL POLICY - The Department is responsible for granting / extending visas in these categories of foreigners.
- Revised Afghan Visa Policy 2020 Read More...
Grace period is only for the reason that no penalty shall be levied on visa extension after its expiry.
The Department is responsible for granting / extending visas in these categories of foreigners.
NOTE: Grace period is only for the reason that no penalty shall be levied on visa extension after its expiry.
Machine Readable Visa (MRV)
The Directorate General of Immigration & Passports has successfully launched Machine Readable Visa (MRV) System in Regional Passport Offices (RPO’s) the system of providing the foreign nationals the MRV, in following cities at Provincial Capitals of Pakistan;
- Islamabad (DGI&P’s Headquarter)
- Lahore (Garden Town)
- Karachi (Saddar)
- Visa Fee is always charged on reciprocal basis of the respective country.
- Visa Fee Structure
Guidelines for Grant of Visa Extension
- Tourist Visa
- Extension in Tourist visa for a period of three months i.e total period of six months inclusive of initial visa period with one or two re-entries.
- Business Visa
- Extension up to six months with double re-entries inclusive of initial visa period to business man visa holders and their family.
- Extension in stay for foreign Student
- Extension in stay is granted on year basis to foreign students admitted on study visa valid for six months, single re-entry with inclusive of initial visa period on production of required documents.
- Extension in visa for Missionaries
- Four months inclusive of initial visa period to foreign Missionaries subject to clearance by Security Agencies/Home Department.
- Extension to Pakistan Origin
- Extension to foreigners of Pakistan Origin, spouses and their dependent children (except Indian Nationals) for six months, inclusive of initial visa period with multiple entries. In rest of the cases, extension is allowed/authorized by Ministry of Interior.
Visa Fee Surcharges
||Foreigners of Pakistan Origin
|Period of Overstay / Surcharges
||Period of Overstay / Surcharges
| Upto 02 weeks - No Surcharges
|| Upto 01 week - No Surcharges
| Upto 02 weeks to one month - US$50
|| Upto 01 month to 06 month - US$40
| Upto 01 month to 03 month - US$200
|| Upto 06 month to 01 year - US$80
| Upto 03 month to 01 year - US$400 per year
|| Beyond 1 year- US$200 per year
| There will be no condonation of overstay charges. No surcharge in case of Diplomatic Passports.
|| There will be no condonation of overstay charges. No surcharge in case children upto 12 Years. 50% surcharge in case of children upto 18 years.
| Indian Nationals
|| Rs. 40/- per day will be charged for any period of overstay.
Cash amount should not be given to the staff in any case. Fee, if any, should be deposited in the bank.
In case of any complaint contact Director General Immigration & Passports on his telephone and email.
- The Following Data/Document must be filled/attached in/with visa form otherwise the application can be rejected.
- Applicant's Name, Date of Birth, City of Birth, Country of Birth.
- Two(02) Photographs with white background (size 45mm x 35mm).
- Address (Abroad/within Pakistan.)
- Father/Mother's name, Country of origin/Present Nationality.
- Spouse Name, Date of Birth, Birth Country and Present Nationality (in case of married applicants.)
- In case of Husband/Wife of Pakistan origin, Marriage Certificate, Birth Certificate of their children.